Thank you for a good start up week after Spring Break, it’s time to get back into those practice routines and ensure you are making it to rehearsals on time and prepared! We have a lot of events coming up int he next few months and rehearsal and everyone needs to stay focused so we can end the year with a bang! Again please make sure you communicate any absences, and please try to avoid booking appointments during rehearsal time.
April 13 Manure Sale, come support our students at this annual fundraiser!
Junior Tour to Calgary with Junior Band and Choir April 15-20
- Ensure you have all music memorized for You Will Be Found, Pie Jesu and Ipharadisi we will have mandatory run through on Wednesday after school and possibly Thursday at lunch. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PRACTICED.
Vocal Jazz Festival on April 27
- I will have a hand out with info and permission form to give to all students on Monday after school
- Singers and rhythm section will participate in a performance clinic, specialty clinics and an evening concert
May 4th Reynolds and Cedar Hill Adult Dance – May the Fourth Be With You
- 19+ event featuring the Bobby Dazzler Band for any interested adults
- Come out, have a great night and raise money for our music programs!
Orchestra Finale for ALL Strings students, May 21
End of Year Choir, Vocal Jazz and Strings Concert June 12
- Our end of year concert will be at 7pm at St. Dunstan’s Church
- Students must be prepared for a dress rehearsal on June 11 after school 3:20-5:00 with pizza dinner to follow provided by me.
Updates for the Week:
3:20-4:45 Vocal Jazz and rhythm section, we are preparing for festival EVERYONE must be there to rehearse and receive an info sheet for our upcoming festival. GET PRACTICING:)
7:15-8:20 Concert Choir, time to get cracking on new music with everyone that is now in Concert Choir. If you didn’t audition for Chamber Choir then you are in Concert Choir. Lots of great music to dig into, I am so excited, don’t be late!
11:17-12:12 Vocal Jazz– Sectionals to finish learning Poison Tree, after that you will get no more help with notes. Practice and memorize starting this week! DO NOT MISS REHEARSAL.
3:20-4:45 Chamber Choir – We will do some sectional work, get ready to move fast and ensure you practiced what we went over last week…we are moving on!
7:15-8:20 Strings be on time and ready to play, we have lots of music to cover!
3:20-4:45 JUNIOR TOUR CHOIR, this is a MANDATORY rehearsal for all this students going on tour, be there and be PREPARED.
7:15-8:20 Chamber Choir, be on time, prepared and ready to work!
3:20-4:45 Orchestra – Strings students are now rehearsing after school as part of our Orchestra. If you signed up or are interested please come join us and be prepared to work hard.
7pm RMPA Meeting, please come join us!
Honour Ensemble Applications are due for BCMEA, this is a great opportunity ask me if you have any questions!
Pro-D Day, make sure you are practicing with this extra day off:)
Looking forward to diving into new music and getting ready for our Junior Tour, let’s do this!