wHAT you need to know
Fundraisers contribute to the vibrancy of our programs, as well as student accounts.
Why is fundraising vital to our program?
The Reynolds Music community is built on teamwork, participation and service to the community. Fundraising brings together all three. It also brings families in to the Reynolds Music community.
The goals of the fundraising efforts of the music students (and their parents) are:
to create and support involvement in the Reynolds music community, and enhance students’ music education opportunities, through participation in group activities, involving all students at some level, even those who do not travel
to raise money to support music-related educational activities for students. Funds go into individual music student accounts held by the RMPA. Students can use that money to support music-related activities. Ex.: access to private music lessons; concerts; travel opportunities related to performance; instrument accessories; music consumables – reeds, valve oil, etc.; music resources –sheet music, CDs, method books, etc.
to raise money to support the music program in general, as current school allocations do not cover the funding needs to create an “Exemplary Music Experience.”
These funds go into the general music account with the RMPA.
Fundraising puts much needed funds back into the whole music program, which benefits everyone.
In view of the three stated goals of fundraising, the Music Parents Association notes that different fundraisers will serve different purposes within the program (i.e., some are less likely to make a significant profit, but are important in terms of program tradition and team-building potential).
While considering hosting fundraisers, the Music Parent Association will consider the following:
- tradition of the program
- community interest
- community “competition” – how may groups, at the school or in the greater community, are doing the same fundraiser
potential for profit versus the activity’s importance as a team-building exercise.
If you would like more information contact: rmpa
What fundraising are students expected to do?
Fundraising participation requirements:
- each music student MUST participate in a minimum of TWO fundraising activities per semester
- students are responsible for signing up for various fundraisers
- attendance will be monitored to ensure fair dispersal of funds
- all fundraisers are limited to one shift for each student to ensure fair access for all students. Occasionally, there may be the chance to pick up unclaimed shifts shortly before the event.