AND WE’RE BACK!
It has been a great first few days seeing new and old faces in the music department! I am so excited for this year and all of the amazing music and musical opportunities that our students will experience this year! We have a lot planned and we are hitting the ground running right away! If students have questions, please feel free to drop by my office and I am happy to help you out! For any parents wanting to ask questions please attend our RMPA BBQ and AGM next Tuesday, September 10 and we will let you know what we do here and how you can help! We are really looking forward to meeting you and saying hi again to returning parents!
Start Up Dates and Info
- Informational Meeting on Thursday, September 5 in the band room for interested CAST and CREW after school 3:15-3:45. I will cover audition information and hand out a sheet with the schedule, expectation and dates to note!
- CAST AUDITIONS will be September 16-19, please sign up on the sheets outside of the theatre to secure an audition time
- Our first cast rehearsal will be September 26 and all info can be found in this attachment: Musical 2018
- ALL CHOIR STUDENTS and anyone interested in joining choir please come to the Choir Annex (annex C) next Wednesday, September 11 from 3:15-3:45. I will go over the rehearsal schedule and expectations and we’ll sing too:) Snacks are optional but encouraged.
- Senior Choir’s first rehearsal will be September 12 at 7:15-8:20am
- Junior Choir’s first rehearsal will be September 17 at 7:15-8:20am
- Start up and Informational Meeting, Thursday September 12 from 11:17-11:45 in Annex C. I will give you information about start up, talk about instrument rental and go over our rehearsal schedule for the year.
- for any NEW singers I will have an audition sign up on my door in the Band Room next week
- Auditions will take place September 24 & 25 at lunch, please have a jazz standard ready to sing (you can bring a background recording)
- We will begin rehearsing Monday, September 30 and Tuesday, October 1 @ lunch:)
Please come and talk to me if you have any schedule conflicts, we can usually work something out. If you want to participate in music and you are willing to work hard we will always have room for you. I’m looking forward to a fantastic year of music, please stop by and say hello this week!